You can quickly check your MEPCO duplicate electricity bill online at mepcobills.pk. This website is free to use and provides the convenience of viewing your MEPCO bill 2023. You can find information about your recent bill amount, its due date, and even the complete bill details. If you need a duplicate bill, you can download it or print it out for your payment records. To get started, enter your 14-digit reference number, and you can access your MEPCO electricity bill.
To view your MEPCO bill online, all you need is your 14-digit reference number. Alternatively, you can use your 10-digit Customer ID or Consumer ID for bill verification. If you’re unsure where to locate this information, please refer to the red arrow highlighted section in the image below:
Areas under Mepco
The Multan Electric Supply Company (MEPCO) is tasked with providing electricity supply and performing maintenance services in the following cities:
|Rahim Yar khan||Khanewal||Sahiwal|
|Dera Ghazi Khan||Rajanpur||Bhawalpur|
The abbreviation of MEPCO is straightforward; it stands for Multan Electric Power Company. MEPCO is a publicly traded company established on May 14, 1998. This company is tasked with providing electricity distribution services in Multan and its neighboring regions in South Punjab, Pakistan.
How to Check Your MEPCO Bill Online
Here are the steps to check your MEPCO bill online:
- Visit the mepcobills.pk website.
- Enter your 14-digit reference number.
- You will now see the latest bill amount along with the due date.
- Click on ‘View Full Bill’ to see the complete bill or download a copy of it.
Mepcobills.pk is a responsive website, and you can easily view your bill amount on all types of devices, whether desktop or mobile. You’ll need the 14-digit reference number, which you can find on any old bill copy. Note that you cannot check your bill using your CNIC or name. If you reside in KPK, you can check your bill at pescobill.pk.
MEPCO Bill SMS Service:
MEPCO also offers bill information through SMS. To receive your bill information via SMS, simply type ‘pitc<space>14 digit reference number; and send it to 8334.
New Connection or Transfer Procedure:
If you’ve purchased a property with an existing MEPCO connection registered under the previous owner’s name and you want to change the name on the bill, you’ll need to follow the same procedure as a new connection. Visit the nearest office and apply for the name change or correction.
Taxes in MEPCO Bill
Here is a list of common taxes that you may encounter in your MEPCO bills:
- FPA (Fuel Price Adjustment): This relates to the fuel pricing of rental power companies generating electricity from sources like crude oil. It appears in your bill when there is fuel price fluctuation.
- TR Surcharge (Tariff Rationalization Surcharge): This reflects the difference between NEPRA and GOP tariffs. If the difference is positive, it’s paid by the GOP as a subsidy. In case of a negative difference, the Distribution Company pays it to GOP as “Inter DISCO Tariff Rationalization Surcharge (IDTR SUR).”
- FC Surcharge (Financing Cost): This charge is introduced to secure debt servicing for the Power Holding Private Limited, set at 43 paisa per unit.
- Deferred Amount: This is a bill amount that you can choose to pay in the same month or at a later date. There are no late payment charges on deferred bills, and your subsequent bills may include this amount in installments or in full.
- QTR Tariff Adj / DMC: This is a quarterly tariff adjustment amount that may appear in your bill every three months.
If you want to estimate your bill amount, you can use the MEPCO bill calculator on their website. Feel free to contact us for any other questions, or visit the helpline page and call the relevant office for the information you need.
Tips to Save Electricity and Reduce Your Bill Amount
You can reduce your MEPCO or any other utility company bill by making some lifestyle changes. Please read these tips to lower your MEPCO bill.We also recommend reading the safety guidelines officially announced by MEPCO to prevent any harm or losses.